Autumn in northern Manitoba signals Polar Bear Season and this month on #TravelChatCA we are chatting with Travel Manitoba about Polar Bear Week.
With approximately 1,000 polar bears inhabiting the western Hudson Bay area, northern Manitoba boasts the most accessible population of these great white bears in the world. With the exception of pregnant females, polar bears do not hibernate. They are active year-round but October and November are the best times to see these fascinating animals as they roam wild through the tundra of Northern Manitoba.
Want to hear more about what a winter safari in Northern Manitoba entails and most of all learn more about polar bears?
Join @TravelChatCA and @TravelManitoba for the #PolarBearWeek Twitter Party Wednesday November 9, 2016 at 9:00PM ET
Date: Wednesday November 9, 2016
Time: 9:00PM ET to 10:00PM ET
Moderators: @DreamTravelMag @GoAwesomePlaces @CalculateTravel
Prize Sponsors: @TravelManitoba, @VIA_Rail and @FairmontWPG < Follow on Twitter
We have 1 Four Night Grand Prize Getaway to Manitoba valued up to $10,000* CDN to be given away during the Party.
*See Conditions and Details below.
Manitoba 4-Night Getaway Prize Package includes:
- Two (2) VIA Rail train tickets from anywhere in Canada to Winnipeg
- Two (2) nights accommodations for 2 at the Fairmont Winnipeg Hotel
- Two (2) nights accommodations for 2 at The Lakehouse Boutique Hotel in Riding Mountain National Park.
*The following conditions apply to the VIA Rail prize:
- The trip must be completed between Dec 1,2016 and Dec 1, 2017 inclusively;
- Any fees and expenses other than those mentioned above will be borne by the winner, including without limitation round-trip transportation from their home to the station of departure and arrival of the train as well as transportation during the trip, personal insurance, taxes, tips, meals and drinks, long distance telephone calls and personal expenses;
- All travel arrangements for the Four Night Grand Prize Getaway to Manitoba must be made by the prize winner;
- If a portion of the Four Night Grand Prize Getaway to Manitoba package is not used during the trip, no compensation will be awarded to the winner or to their travel companion
- For clarity, “VIA Rail departure station” is the closest station to the winner’s primary residence.
*Approximate value of VIA Train Tickets is $9,400 CDN. The value of the prize was calculated notably based on a return trip for two (2) persons between Halifax and Winnipeg in First Class as the farthest distances between destinations. Actual prize value may vary depending on the actual city of departure/return.
Note: All are welcome to attend and participate in the Twitter Party but prize eligibility is limited to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec).
RSVP For the Party
RSVP for the chat below using the “LINKY”. Simply enter your Twitter handle information and the URL to your Twitter Profile.
Link Title = @yourtwitterhandle
Link/URL = http://twitter.com/yourtwitterhandle
Participate in the #TravelChatCA party for a chance to win. Every tweet counts as an entry.
Get an entry for the Twitter Chat today by tweeting your RSVP and join the pre-chat conversation!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1.Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who participate in the #TravelChatCA Twitter party and who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of TravelChatCA.com and the Prize Sponsor their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2.Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TravelChatCA.com, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
3.Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about November 1, 2016. Entry period ends at close of the #TravelChatCA party November 9, 2016 at approximately 10:00 PM ET. You must be present and participate during the #TravelChatCA party in order for your online entry to be valid.
4.How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by participating in #TravelChatCA party. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of TravelChatCA.com. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of TravelChatCA.com.
5.Prizes: Fulfillment of prizes is the responsibility of the Prize Sponsor. The actual / appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Prize Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Prize Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for TravelChatCA.com and Prize Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6.Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7.Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Prize Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. TravelChatCA.com and Prize Sponsor have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT PRIZE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8.Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that TravelChatCA.com, anyone acting on behalf of TravelChatCA.com, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9.Terms: TravelChatCA.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, TravelChatCA.com may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by TravelChatCA.com. TravelChatCA.com reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
TravelChatCA.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, TravelChatCA.com reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By opting-in on-line you consent to the Prize Sponsor’s and any of its corporate affiliate’s use of your Personal Information to contact you to promote draws and contests similar to the Contest, promote opportunities to subscribe to newsletters or promotional clubs, and notify you about related products or services. You can withdraw your consent at any time
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless TravelChatCA.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ONTARIO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.